Rose water is undoubtedly beauty’s magic potion, and remarkably versatile. Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, rose water can be added to your beauty regime. That’s what makes it a beauty secret or rather a secret weapon of women all over the world, not just India. While purchasing rose water, you must make sure you buy only 100% pure rose water i.e. the distilled water of roses sans the chemicals, the by-product of rose oil production. The usage of rosewater dates back to early Egypt, when Cleopatra (yes, Cleopatra) used the natural product in her skincare regime. And how can we not follow the footsteps of the world’s most legendary beauty queen?
Benefits Of Rosewater For Skin:
- Rosewater helps to maintain your skin’s pH balance.
- It helps fight acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Rose water hydrates, revitalizes and moisturizes the skin, and makes it smooth.
- It also helps to heal scars, cuts and wounds.
- Rose water cools the skin.
- It helps to tone the skin. It also has anti-bacterial properties.
- The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
- The nourishing and moisturizing properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair.
- Rose water helps to treat mild scalp inflammations and dandruff that are caused by fungal infections.
- It also helps to revitalize aging skin and keeps fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
Benefits Of Rosewater For Eyes:
Fresh rose water can be used daily as an eye drop.
- It will prevent and cure dark circles and puffiness.
- Rose water will also help to cleanse and cool the eyes.
How To Use Rosewater For Skin?
1. Rosewater As A Facial Toner:
Most toners available in the market contain chemicals and alcohol. Using these on a regular basis on your skin will make it dry. Rose water is a better and more natural alternative to these chemical-laden toners.
- Apply chilled rose water on your skin with a soft cotton ball.
- Do this immediately after cleansing your face.
Using rose water as a toner will help to naturally tone up your facial skin. It will close the open pores and make the skin give off a pleasant floral fragrance.
2. Pamper YourselfMix rose water with almond oil or regular cream and moisturise your body. “For some extra indulgence, draw yourself a rose-scented bath. It’s considered the best antidote to stress”, recommends Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.
3. Rosewater As A Lip Stain:
This is a very simple and natural DIY trick.
- Cut a beetroot into small pieces
- Let it dry out in the sun.
- Grind it into a fine powder.
- Now add a teaspoon of rose water to this beetroot powder. Your lip pack is ready!
- Apply this evenly on your lips and wash it off after 15 minutes.
This pack instantly makes your lips soft and pink. It is a natural and healthy way to color your lips pink – without using any cosmetics!
4. Rosewater And Creams:
Rose water has moisturising properties. For best results, simply add a few drops of rosewater to your regular cream or moisturiser before applying it.
5. Rosewater As A Cleanser:
Wipe the dirt and dead skin off your face by using rose water as a cleanser.
Mix one cup of rose water, two teaspoons of glycerin and 10 drops of rose essential oil to make the cleanser.
6. Goodbye Acne:
“Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp rose water, apply it on acneic skin and let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash with fresh water and reap the benefits”, says Dr. Rahul Nagar, Dermatologist, Max Hospitals. You can also apply a speedy facepack of fuller’s earth (multani mitti) and mix it with rose water. Once it dries, wash it off. This helps cleanse pores, control excess oil and prevent acne.
These are some of the many benefits of rosewater. The best part is, it is easily available and very affordable.