Nowadays various skin creams, lotions, gels etc have dominated our skin care routine. Most of these artificial products are loaded with chemicals which can harm our skin in the long run. The herbal products available in the market also contain synthetic ingredients which we often tend to ignore after seeing the “herbal” label on the product.
However our ayurveda has a huge collection of herbal face packs which are quite effective, have no side effects and are cost efficient. The homemade herbal face pack gives you clear, smooth and glowing skin with regular use.
Check out our top five herbal face packs:
1.Holy Basil (Tulsi) face pack for instant fairness:
Neem is well known for its antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Tulsi and neem herbal face mask revives dull skin, removes tan, evens skin tone and gives an instant glow to the face.
- Take a teaspoon of tulsi powder and 2 teaspoons of neem powder.
- To this, add 2 teaspoons of multani mitti, few drops of the rose water and half a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste to obtain thick consistency. People with dry skin can add a few drops of olive oil to hydrate the skin.
- Before applying the pack, steam your face for 3 minutes to open up your facial pores and allow the pack to penetrate well into the skin.
- Apply the pack all over the face and keep till the pack dries. Wash off the cool water to reveal glowing skin.
2. Aloe vera pack for tan removal:
he hot scorching summer sun brings a lot of woes to your hair and skin, including tan. Just 5 minutes of continuous exposure to direct sunlight can cause tanning of the skin. However one can always undo the damage done from tan to reveal your original complexion with an aloe vera face pack.
- Take fresh aloe vera gel and add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of rose water.
- Apply this paste all over the exposed areas and keep for 30 minutes.
- You can also dab the cotton ball into the paste and apply over the affected areas.
- Rinse with cool water and apply ice slowly over the areas. This will act as a perfect toner to close all your facial pores.
3. Turmeric face pack for skin lightening:
urmeric has been used since ages as an integral ingredient for skin lightening. This face pack is also used by the bride-to-be to get instant fairness and glowing skin. It is also an antioxidant which protects the skin from the free radicals which cause wrinkles and fine lines.
- In 2 teaspoons of the gram’s flour (besan), add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare a smooth paste by mixing with 1 teaspoon of pure rose water.
- Apply the pack all over the face and keep till it dries completely. Rinse with cool water.
- Repeat this procedure for 30 days atleast twice weeks to reduce blemishes, dark spots and tan.